Welcome to St. James Academy
One, Holy, Catholic, Apostolic
Great Things Are Happening At St. James Academy!
- Ian Jones, Class of 2014, achieved a perfect ACT Score!
- 100% of St. James Academy's 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 graduates were accepted to attend colleges and universities across the United States. 2013 grads were offered $13.5 Million in college scholarships!
- Among our 2013 graduates we have 77 students going to public schools; 37 students will attend Catholic Schools in the fall; 16 students will attend non-Catholic Private Schools; 16 students will be attending junior colleges and one student will be entering active military duty!
- 20 students from the class of 2014 were awarded Kansas Honors based on a calculation of grade point average and ACT Score. They are ranked in the top 10% of all students in the state of Kansas.
- 7 students from the class of 2014 received National Merit Recognition, including four semi-finalists.
- 44 of our 2013-14 Seniors were inducted into the National Honor Society.
- Among our 2012 graduates is one seminarian, Mr. Keith Chadwick. Class of 2011 grads, Mr. Doug Leikam and Mr. Thomas Maddock, are currently in seminary. Multiple graduates are serving in various branches of the U.S. Military.
- 67% of all St. James graduates the past five years received college scholarship awards for academics, leadership, stewardship and athletics.
- Student enrollment for 2013-14 is 796 in grades 9 through 12.
- Class of 2017 is our largest freshman class at 223 students!
- To appreciate the effect the St. James experience has on students even after graduation, see the article from our Archbishop in the May 4, 2012 Leaven, "Make Catholic Education a Priority in your Family."
- The school population is 46 percent male and 54 percent female. Non-Catholics represent 4 percent of the population.
St. James Academy is proud to partner with the Johnson County Library to help our students. Students can receive tutoring through the JoCo Library Website by clicking on this link: Homework Help - JoCo Library. Assistance is free with a Library Card.